Minutes of a Meeting held in Cassington on
Thursday 2nd September 2021 @ 9pm in the Village Hall
Cllr H Thomas, Cllr B King, Cllr C Metcalf, Cllr J Perrin, Cllr D Butlin, Cllr Levy, Cllr A Goodwin & Clerk Mrs T Cameron plus 2 members of the public
Cllr C Rylett
|DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
The Parish Council has made the public aware that the meeting is recorded for the clerk to type up the minutes later at home.
Cllr Thomas has declared an interest in item 109/21 – Tree outside his house
The meeting is recorded by the Clerk to enable her to type up the minutes at a later time but is then deleted.
|MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
The minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1st July 2021 were approved.
a) Thames Valley Police Report – Was covered in the Annual Meeting – Minutes attached.
b) Report from the Clerk on actions from the last meeting –
· Horsemere Lane/Cassington Lights – As mentioned in the annual meeting previously we have been in contact with OCC, and I have been told that we should have the model within the next couple of weeks. We were due to have a meeting with them regarding the video, but Tracey has advised that there is no point having a meeting if we haven’t seen the modelling video. Tracey is looking for a planning a meeting with OCC for the 2nd week in October.
· Tree outside Cllr Thomas house – Tracey has submitted planning to have the tree pollarded. She has since heard back from WODC Planning who state that they have no objections to the work on the tree as long as the branches are taken 3m up and 2m out.
· Neighbourhood Plan – Alex, has asked for the questionnaires that are on the back of CAWN to be filled in a given back. As it is important that the Neighbourhood Plan committee have been seen to do all they can to give the residents a chance for their opinions when it goes to WODC. They have to draw a regulation 14 Statutory consultation for the Neighbourhood Plan. The draft Neighbourhood Plan is scheduled for late November.
· War Memorial – Tracey is still awaiting to hear back from the War Memorial Trust with regards to the repairs on main pillar. Tracey has sent them new pictures of the memorial and was advised that it has been passed to a different team, but I was advised that they are all still mainly working from home.
· Tree Work on the Green – We now have 3 quotes for dead wooding of the trees. The Parish Council would like to have 3 quotes for reducing the trees on the Green as well. Tracey is to go back and look at original quotes and get updates if needed.
· Lease for the Playing Field – All the paper from the Sports and Social is back with the solicitor. She has to register the land in the Parish Councils name before she can register the Pavilion. She advised that it is taking up to a year to register the land.
c) Previous Planning Application: –
APPLICATION NO: 20/01734/OUT
LOCATION: Land North of A40 Section from Barnard Gate To Eynsham Roundabout Eynsham
APPLICANT: Grosvenor Developments Ltd
DECISION: UNDER CONSIDERATION
APPLICATION NO: R3.0034/21
PROPOSAL: Request for Scoping Opinion for the proposed A40 Smart Corridor works, including
i) Dualling of a 3.2km section of the A40 between the Hill Farm Junction to the proposed Eynsham Park and Ride and upgrade to shared path on northern verge, ii) widening of existing carriageway to provide dedicated eastbound and westbound priority bus lanes along 6.5km section between proposed Park and Ride and Duke’s Cut iii) capacity and connectively improvements over three bridges and a culvert at
Dukes Cut to enable eastbound bus lane over the bridges at A40 between Witney and Duke’s Cut
APPLICANT: Oxfordshire County Council
DECISION: AWAITING DECISION
APPLICATION NO: 21/01468/HHD
PROPOSAL: Proposed rear extension and new porch
LOCATION: 2 The Tennis Cassington Witney
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs Metcalf
APPLICATION NO: 21/01654/FUL
PROPOSAL: Conversion of existing storage building and roof space of attached two garages to create self-contained staff living accommodation.
LOCATION: The Chequers Inn 6 The Green Cassington
APPLICANT: Mr Babu Odedra
Email from a resident to complain about the footpath as you leave Bell Lane on the left. The path is overgrown with grass and bushes. Cllr Butlin has dealt with it
|REPORTS FROM COUNTY, DISTRICT & PARISH COUNCILLORS:
County Councillor – Was covered in the Annual Parish Meeting. Minutes Attached
District Councillors – Was covered in the Annual Parish Meeting. Minutes Attached
Parish Councillors – Was covered in the Annual Parish Meeting. Minutes Attached
a) Neighbourhood Watch – Cllr Perrin was advised by the Post Man that there are 3 people in the village that he is worried about. Cllr Perrin will speak to PC Helen Keen for her to have a look and a chat to these people.
|CLIMATE CHANGE UPDATE
Was covered in the Annual Parish Meeting. Minutes Attached
|QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC:
A resident has mentioned about the post box that needs to be repainted – Tracey has advised that she has spoken to Royal Mail with regards to the post box and that they are meant to have a repainting cycle of 10 years. Tracey will contact them and chase them up.
Another resident has mentioned that the ditch by the Almshouse is full of rubbish, and no one seems to be taking responsibility – Tracey to speak to WODC
|DITCHES DRAINAGE AND FLOODING:
Please can people remember to things on fix my street on the WODC website.
Speedwatch – We have had 2 volunteers come forward but we really need someone who has done it before to go through it with them. We have Mrs Mills, Mr MacDonald, Mrs Butlin and Mr Finlay. Cllr Thomas has the speed gun and also the spare battery and the paperwork that goes with it. Tracey has the paperwork from Ron Hollis at TVP.
20mph in the Village – We are just waiting for this too roll out.
|PLAY AREA/PLAY FIELD:
Tracey is waiting on quotes for a new swing. The cradle swing is rotten so the swings have been moved. The swings will be like for like.
Payments to be approved:
APPLICATION NO: OCC Ref: MW.0122/20
PROPOSAL: Section 73 application for the continuation of the winning and working of sand and gravel with restoration using suitable imported materials to vary conditions 2, 3 and 6 of planning permission 19/02521/CM (MW.0111/19) in order to extend the period of extraction until 31st December 2022 and the time period for restoration until 31st December 2024 to allow for sufficient time for the working of mineral from beneath the plant site and the revised restoration of the plant site at Cassington Quarry, Cassington Road, Yarnton, OX29 4EB
LOCATION: Cassington Quarry
APPLICANT: Hanson Quarry Products Europe Ltd
COMMENTS: 30TH September 2021
|ANY OTHER BUSINESS
a. Donation for Sports and Social re Cassington Picnic – The Parish Council has decided that they would support in paying out some of the expenses up to £250 once we have received receipts from the Sports and Social.
|DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS:
Mid Monthly Planning Meeting – No Meeting is scheduled
Date of the next Parish Council Meeting – Thursday 7th October @ 7.30pm in the Village Hall